Saturday 15 September 2012

Catalan Tree 100 x100cm


 
Tinkering with the colour and texture now. Just need to add in some more determined marks...
 
 
 
I have been working on this canvas on and off since our return from Barcelona. I was so inspired by their beautiful trees. The bark of many of them have a pale pinkish hue to them which is just stunning - the tones are almost fleshy. 
I have manipulated the acrylic in a variety of ways; with large brushes, dragging it with stiff card, pouring very watery solutions of colour over the canvas and masking areas to gain strong lines against the more organic marks. I kept the palatte fairly simple, using just Cerulean Blue, Naples Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, French Ultramarine, Burnt Umber and Titanium White 
Anyone who made it to my Open Studio last week would have seen this as a work in progress...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment